Swivel Coupler THIEL S – P1083
48,3mm - 48,3mm
Swivel coupler thiel S, also known as the THIEL stamping coupling. Connects two scaffolding tubes at any angle.
With a coupling you can temporarily connect two pipes:
- Universal joint: connecting two pipes at right angles to each other
- Swivel joint: connecting two pipes at an angle
- Welded couplings: connecting two pipes lengthwise
- Beam couplers: Attaching a pipe to a steel beam
We are achieving this connection by clamping the coupling to the pipes and striking the keys.
Van Thiel couplings comply with the standard NEN-EN 74-1:2005 / -2:2008 / -3:2007 couplings and accessories for steel tube scaffolding or have been subjected to comparable tests in-house.
Requirements and test methods:
- Class B for universal joints, certified for use as a BB coupling
- Class B for swivel joints
- Class B for welding couplings Values obtained
- by testing for beam clamps
The raw materials used must meet the requirements set in the applicable Eurocode and/or the values as stated in NEN-EN-12811-2.
The raw materials are subject to controls according to the ISO 9001-2000 system.
Swivel coupling THIEL S Uniqueness
Van Thiel couplings are recognizable by the stamped “EN74 B CU” mark in the coupling key.
The Van Thiel quality department checks the quality of the couplings through continuous process control and daily testing of the couplings.
The couplings are hot-dip galvanized and therefore protected against rust for life. Corrosion protection according to:
- Sherardizing: NEN-EN 13811:2003 and NEN-EN-ISO 14713-1 and -3:2010
- Galvanizing: NEN-EN-ISO 1461:2009
Swivel coupler THIEL S Usage
Only use links to connect:
- Two steel scaffolding tubes with an external diameter of 48.3 mm and a wall thickness in accordance with NEN-EN 39 or comparable
- Two aluminum scaffolding tubes with an external diameter of 48.3 mm and a minimum wall thickness of 4 mm.
Couplings must be hit with a (500 grams van Thiel) hammer up to the ‘dead blow’ (NEN-EN 74-1).
Strike with normal force between one and three strokes.
You should visually inspect couplings before each use. Do not use the couplings if there is visible damage or deformation.
|EN 74 class A|
|Item number:||P-1080 (loose key) P-1083 (fixed key)|
|Weight:||0,8 kg (P-1080) and 1,1 kg (P-1083)|
|Operating Load:||6,0 kN|
|Identification in the wedge:||EN-74-CÜ 12533|
Coupling to connect 2 pipes at an angle
|EN 74:||Tested according to EN 74-1|
Production control by independent certification institute